The race proven, World Cup‐caliber, Mach 429SL Carbon is the leader of the new breed of racing full suspension. Choice of National and World Champions, selected as Best Mountain Bike at Interbike and as Mountain Bike of the Year by Bicycling Magazine, Pivot’s 100mm 29er is the bike you want for the ultimate in power transfer efficiency and technical trail mastery.
Pivot Carbon Technology
To create Pivot’s premier racing chassis, we begin by engineering for the ideal lay‐up structures, tube sections and composite materials choices, and then utilize our proprietary hollow core internal molding process to bring this best‐in‐class frame to life. This newest, even lighter, version of the Mach 429 SL Carbon features an all new Boost™ rear triangle, for a significant increases in both frame and wheel stiffness over what was already one of the stiffest, lightest and strongest cross country bikes in the world. For those seeking the top of the line in components and compatibility, the Pivot Mach 429SL Carbon is fully Di2 integrated and internal dropper post compatible via Pivot’s Cable Port System. Internal routing for any component is easy to install and maintain via large, easy to access ports and interchangeable covers. Riders have the ability to switch between a variety of cable routing options, allowing for the cleanest possible installation of wires, batteries and cables. No matter what components or gearing you choose, now or in the future, we have you covered.
New School Racing Geometry
The race winning Mach 429SL Carbon geometry is tried and tested at tested at the biggest events in the world. On the uphill, you benefit from the latest in dw‐link® suspension design with a Fox Float DPS Kashima Factory shock, performance‐tuned specifically for the Mach 429SL Carbon. You can expect the kind pedaling efficiency our National Champions demand, provided by dw‐link®’s anti‐squat characteristics, instant acceleration and unparalleled climbing traction.
dw-link™ and Fox Factory Suspension
Mach 429SL Carbon is spec’d with the Fox Float DPS (Dual Piston System) shock custom tuned specifically for XC and Endurance racing. The Float DPS shock features settings and a design that allows for an incredibly plush feel with a wide range of damping control while also offering an extremely positive “firm” position for fast climbs. These features are direct complements to Pivot’s suspension tuning and when combined with the dw‐link’s® patented position‐sensitive anti‐squat, gives riders even better traction on steep ups and over rough trail.
Downhill, the 100mm of dw‐link® suspension performs like a longer travel bike, especially when combined with the precision of the new 12x148mm rear end, and the rollover qualities of the 29inch wheel – giving athletes the advantage in technical terrain and inspiring record‐setting descents.
To match the rear suspension, we’ve spec’d the Mach 429SL Carbon with a 120mm Fox 34 Factory fork, with a FIT 4 3‐postion damper for fine tuning performance to your exact specifications.
All the Right Details
Other essential details include post mount disc brake mounts for easy set up and weight savings, stealth dropper compatibility and Enduro Max cartridge bearings throughout. We’ve got clearance for 2 water bottles in every size, and great new graphics that are sure to coordinate perfectly with the best components, build kits, and your team kit.
We take quality and workmanship seriously at Pivot, and know that the details are what make a great rider experience. Every Pivot Cycles frame undergoes a 28 step assembly and quality control check to ensure that the only thing you need to think about is the ride.
Mach 429SL Carbon Features
- Frame weight from 5.2lbs (2.4Kg) and sub 23lb (10.4kg) complete.
- 100mm of renowned dw-link® suspension tuned for race and trail handling.
- World Cup caliber full carbon frame featuring leading edge carbon fiber
- materials and Pivot’s proprietary hollow core internal molding technology.
- Pivot's race-winning, trail-slaying geometry.
- 29-inch wheels for the fastest laps and superior rollover in technical terrain.
- Full length internal cable routing and Shimano Di2 integration via Pivot’s
- exclusive, easy-to- maintain Cable Port System.
- Internal dropper post compatible.
- Cold forged alloy linkages with Enduro Max Cartridge Bearings.
- Fox Float Kashima Factory shock, performance tuned for the Mach 429SL.
- Highly durable rubberized leather downtube and swingarm protection.
- Updated to Boost™ 12 x 148mm rear spacing.
- Designed to work with forks from 100-120 mm in travel.
- Weight conscious matte carbon finish with Red or Blue color options.
- Available in sizes S, M, L, XL for riders between 5'4" and 6'3"+