Let's face it, nobody wants to spend a lot of money dressing their bike up to look super-stylish and sophisticated to then have the result of their efforts ruined by a tacky, regulatory bike bell. But now here, to save the day, is the revolutionary new Oi Bike Bell from Knog which not only has a beautiful tone, but also a remarkable style to perfectly convey your cultured personality.
The large model Oi fits 23.8 to 31.8mm bars (e.g. drop bar road bikes & some cruiser, commuter bikes) and sits discreetly on the bar within very easy reach of your hand.
With a spring-loaded actuator built into the mount, the strike of the bell is firm and fast, allowing a good balance of volume and longevity of sound.
Knog's Oi bell actually has several pitch tones - one core and several supportive higher tones. To explain it more simply. Think of a bike bell as a musical instrument. Whilst many other bike bells play just a single note, the Knog Oi plays a chord of attention-attracting tones to ensure it's sound is unmistakable and safely heard.
1 x Knog Oi Bike Bell (Large)
1 x Hex Key
1 x Rubber tape strip for 23.8mm spacer
1 x Product leaflet
Where bells usually protrude up or out, Oi doesn’t. It appears to hover around the handle bars. In one sense, it's discreet. But in another, it attracts attention as being something not previously associated with bike handlebars.
Knog tested numerous prototypes to get the perfect pitch, length of ring, and volume. With a spring-loaded actuator built into the mount, the strike of the bell is firm and fast, allowing a good balance of volume and longevity of sound. The Knog Oi bell actually has several pitch tones - one core and several supportive higher tones to ensure it’s unmistakable and safely heard. To compare it to a musical instrument you might say that where some bells play a single note, Oi plays a chord.
What about the handlebar cables? No worries. Built into the shape of the mount is a cable management system. So not only does it allow the bell to look and sound uninterrupted, it also helps gather your cables. Perfect for the organiser inside us all.
What about getting it on the bar? No problem. Just pop it over the bar, give the hex screw a quick tighten up, and you're good to go. No sliding down the handlebars, no dismantling and re-assembling. Full installation instructions can be found on the Knog website.
Australian bicycle road rules insist that all bikes must have a working bell, horn or similar warning device every time you ride a bicycle on a road.
Choosing The Right Size
Please make sure you know where on your handlebar you are going to place the bell (grips or stem) before you order as you may need a different sized bell. If you don't know which sized bell you need, then check out the Bell Mounting Video on the Knog web site for further help or watch their How To Measure Your Handlebar Guide video. Just quickly though, the easiest way to measure handle bars is with a set of digital or Vernier scale callipers. If you don’t have callipers, then you can use a simple measuring tape. Firstly wrap the tape around the bar at the point you want to attach the Oi Bell to get the circumference size and then divide by pi (….mmm) to get your diameter e.g. 99.9mm /
• Sophisticated bike bell with a beautiful, distinctive tone
• Looks absolutely nothing like a conventional bicycle handlebar bell
• Low profile mount. Does not protrude up, or out
• Almost appears to hover discreetly around the handle bars
• Spring-loaded actuator built into the mount
• CNC machined for precise fit
• Several pitch tones (one core & several supportive higher tones)
• Delivers a good balance of volume & longevity of sound
• Rigorously pre-tested to achieve the perfect pitch, length of ring & volume
• Compatible with cylindrical bars only
• Not suitable for Aero bars
• Produces an unmistakable and safely heard alert tone
• Meets Australian Bicycle Road Rule Standards
• Hex bolt fitting for easy install
• Fits: 23.8 to 31.8mm bars
• Suits: Drop bar road bikes & some cruiser & commuter bikes
• Internal circumference: 31.8mm
• External circumference: 49mm
• Width: 15mm
• Weight: 25g