About Continental Gator Hardshell Folding Clincher Tyre
There's a reason Continental calls its Gator Hardshell folding tyre 'The Armored Reptile' - it's built tough!
The Gator Hardshell provides everyday road riders with extra puncture resistance and delivers more reliability for commuters. Like a reptile, the design boasts some of the best protection thanks to Hardshell ProTection and an extremely long service life thanks to a wear-optimised tread compound.
Hardshell tyres are the puncture-resistant flagship amongst racing tyres – produced exclusively in Germany.
- Hardshell technology - Puncture protection and mileage are the strengths of Hardshell-ProTection.
- A wider PolyX Breaker, the specialist against punctures under the tread centre and shoulders provides for great reliability.
- The three-ply, each layer with 60 TPI, carcass covers the entire tyre and makes it a real bastion against urban detritus.
- The outer sidewalls of the tyre are reinforced with DuraSkin® fabric providing even more reliablility due to the casing being so well protected.
- Size: 700C
- ETRTO: 23-622/25-622/28-622
- Puncture protection: Hardshell & PolyX Breaker
- Tyre type: Folding
- TPI: 3-ply/180
- Weight: 250g (23mm)/270g (25mm)/330g (28mm)
- Recommended inflation range (PSI): 110-120 (23mm)/95-120 (25mm)/95-116 (28mm)
More About The Manufacturer Continental
More than 100 years experience has made Continental a unique company within the industry. Continental is the only German bicycle tyre manufacturer to produce its tyres in Germany. The technology and development center in Korbach develops revolutionary new technologies such as the unbeatable Black Chili compound and the ultimate Vectran™ breaker anti-puncture technology, both used at the top end of race sport. These technologies demand sophisticated processes to ensure superior end-product quality, and these innovations as well as the new Protection and RaceSport technology for MTB tyres, can only be manufactured in our factory in Germany. As a global player, Continental also maintains high-tech production facilities outside of Germany, where Continental tyres are produced for you with an equal degree of care and dedication. One thing all Continental bicycle tyres have in common is that they are developed in the technology center in Korbach, Germany, where they also undergo strict inspection.